Labeling Solutions for the Healthcare Industries
The Healthcare Industry is heavily mandated to identify and label products correctly; FDA requirements or other industry regulations often drive the specifics of labeling.
Common challenges include:
- Handling a wide variety of packaging sizes, shapes, and substrates, all while keeping high-speed production lines moving.
- Seamless integration of labeling and coding systems with other production equipment.
- Compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ensure correct Serialization, UDI, and product security codes on multiple levels of packaging.
- Coding on labels and various locations.
EPI addresses these issues with standard modular labelers and custom-engineered products to help with all your healthcare labeling requirements.
Our systems are used for labeling medical devices, pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter, and nutraceutical products.
Our continued innovation and expertise, as well as an understanding of the important issues manufacturers face, allow us to offer products and solutions to meet your specific needs.
Labeling for Healthcare
Jars and Bottles
Dropper Type Bottles
Soap and Shampoo Dispensers
Because of the huge selection of package types used in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, your labeling equipment needs to be very flexible.
Fortunately, EPI's labeling systems, the modular and flexible MFlex™ systems, and our purpose-engineered custom labelers are up to the task.
Some of the applications we handle include the following:
- Labeling small items such as vials, ampoules, and syringes
- Applying labels to plastic bottles for nutraceuticals and similar products
- Custom product handling for delicate items
- Tamper evident and security labeling
- Custom solutions for FDA UDI and DSCSA serialization compliance
Flexible Package Labeling
For products that are packaged in flexible packaging, such as pouches, sachets, and bags, EPI labelers such as our Flex-Pac™ system are designed to integrate right into your packaging machinery.
We have many years of experience ensuring our systems are a good fit for all OEM machine brands - providing a foolproof way to add labeling capability to your packaging.
The advantages of our flexible packaging labelers include:
- Full integration with your packaging machine controls
- Application of labels or coupons at the point the material is under the best level of control
- Print and apply capability on some models
- A choice of applicator module to suit your application.
EPI label applicators can be integrated with baggers, flow and stretch wrappers, stickpack machines, and more.
ID Technology Labels
With seven label production plants that are strategically located in California, Georgia, New Hampshire, Texas, Wisconsin, Edmonton, and Toronto. We produce and inventory labels closer to you, equating to cost savings on shipping and shorter transport times so you receive the “freshest” possible labels and a reduction in overall carbon footprint for a positive impact to the environment.
Our label products include:
- Flexographic printed labels in up to 10 colors
- Digital labels with multiple HP Indigo systems
- Hybrid labels - flexo labels with digitally printed variable sections
- Direct thermal and thermal transfer labels for logistics items
- RFID labels for traceability and serialization
VISIT OUR ID TECHNOLOGY LABEL MICROSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR LABEL PRODUCTION AND DESIGN CAPABILITIES
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact an EPI account manager today to learn how our labeling automation solutions will increase your throughput and improve your bottom line.