The engineering teams in our Oakland, NJ and New Freedom locations, have decades of experience in producing custom labeling systems for a wide spectrum of industries.
If you need special product handling for complex packages or sophisticated labelers for track and trace in the pharmaceutical industry, we can put together a solution for you.
Our custom labelers are built using modules (such as the labeling heads and controls) from our modular MFlex™ machines and are engineered to suit particular demanding applications.
The machines often incorporate sophisticated product handling, such as starwheels, feedscrews, and, sometimes, robots. They often incorporate printing systems such as laser coders, TTO printers and print/apply systems.
- The nature of your products means that standard labeling equipment often isn't capable of automating your processes, causing additional costs that reduce your margins.
- With difficulties in finding skilled labor, having your operations team automate packaging lines is a priority.
- A custom labeling system from EPI and ID Technology is engineered to handle your specific application with no compromises. This allows you to increase throughput and product quality.
- Our custom labelers are designed to help you reduce manual labor. Whether using conveyors, starwheels, feeders or robots, system is built to allow you to add advanced automation to your lines.
- Having to use equipment not specifically designed for your specific applications makes it difficult to improve productivity on your packaging lines.
- When we buy equipment, there is often a long installation period, with modifications being made during the install.
- Adding and verifying variable information on the labels has been challenging in the past.
- Custom EPI and ID Technology labelers are specifically engineered for your application. This ensures stress-free installation and operation as well as maximizing your overall efficiency (OEE).
- With our custom systems, we define the project scope and specifications at an early stage and invite you and your team to a comprehensive factory acceptance test (FAT) where the system is fully tested. This ensures minimal changes during the installation at your plant.
- With our custom labeling systems, you can choose laser, TTO, and inkjet technology for printing variable data. In addition, we integrate comprehensive inspection, verification, and serialization solutions into our systems as required.
Operators & Technicians
- Many packaging machines are complicated and time-consuming to set up, causing frustrations for everyone on the packaging line.
- Labeling systems have different controls, even if from the same manufacturer.
- We find training on equipment doesn't give our maintenance and production teams everything they need.
- Because our custom labelers are engineered specifically for your company's application, we can minimize setup procedures and make them easy to operate. Saving setups in our menu feature, allows for quick recall of settings and lets you know exactly what items need to be adjusted.
- If you have more than one EPI or ID Technology machine, they all use a similar HMI and menu system, even for custom applications. This helps your operators get familiar with a new labeler quickly.
- Training is crucial when commissioning equipment, and our technicians are graduates of the PMMI Certified Trainor program. The technicians are supported by our project managers, controls, and mechanical engineers to ensure you get all the assistance and training you need.
Contact an EPI Account Manager
Ready to improve your production output and operational efficiency? Contact an EPI account manager today to learn how our labeling automation solutions will increase your throughput and improve your bottom line.